Zipcar, Inc. a Cambridge, Massachusetts company is a attractor in the North American carsharing industry with 200,000 members in 50 markets in the U.S., Europe, and Canada. Zipcar is a critical element of the transportation profits of many cities and universities, enabling residents, students and businesses to cop rid of their cars and still wager their transportation needs.Zipcars membership is concentrated across residential, business, and college markets. In an ongoing effort to increase membership, increase asset utilization, and arm Zipcars overall position in the North American carsharing industry, top management has set two critical goals:
1) rip new nodes from within Zipcars existing demographic and geographical markets across the United States.
2) Identify new opportunities through which customer growth may be achieved, including partnerships with other service providers, topical anesthetic governments, communities, and other organizational affiliations.
Zipcar Wheels When You Want Them
Corporate Headquarters: Cambridge, MA www.zipcar.
* History: Established in 1999 by Robin furrow and Antje Danielson (both left pre 2003)
* Current leadership: Scott Griffith, Chairman and CEO (2003); object Norman, President and Chief Operating (2007); Edward Goldfinger, CFO (2007)
* Vision: Providing steady-going and convenient access to on-demand transportation, complementing other means of mobility.
* Major markets: Residential, Business, College/University (70 schools, communicate 140 campuses by fall 2008)
* Locations: 50 cities including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, London, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and capital letter DC. Complete listing www.zipcar.com/find-cars/
Organization: for-profit, privately held
Revenue: $ c million (2007)
Membership: 180,000 - 200,000; member to car ratio...If you want to get a full essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .